New Moon in Cancer
Happy New Moon! This month, it's in the watery sign of Cancer, home base for all things to do with your core, raw emotions.
Some new moons, there's not much happening around them cosmically, in which case, it would traditionally be a good time to reconnect with how you feel about your life. However, this round, the new moon is also being supported and challenged by a multitude of interactions with the other planets, you can't really hide from it.
As CG Jung says, "What you resist, persists." While it won't be a piece of cake, it makes much more sense to work with it, and the results you get will be more than worth it.
Tap into this New Moon's energy:
- Heal yourself. Pick an area of your life, big or small, where it's been hard to let go of hurts, wounds, resentment, or anger.
- Work through it by exploring the context of the hurt, the various roles people played, including yourself—be responsible but do not beat yourself up.
- Consider what actions you can take to let go of these emotions. Journal through it, or talk to someone you trust, until you feel some inner peace.
- Trust that you have done enough to heal yourself, that this will soothe and heal your soul.
- Do those things you came up with. Then let things be for the time being. If/When you need to deal with such emotions again, you'll know.
- p.s. Avoid constantly revisiting old hurts—it's kind of like picking at the scab after an injury—it doesn't get a chance to heal properly. Don't deny or ignore your feelings, it *is* important to acknowledge them, but give them some time and space to start the healing process.
- Add some 'quick rejuvenation' elements to your life/environment. It can be a new pair of running shoes so that you feel more motivated about going for a run, a sleeping mask to help you get some quality sleep, or even a simple sticky note on your computer to remind you to stay hydrated (drinking enough water is a major energy booster!) Whatever works best for you.
- Nurture someone. Be there in one way or another for someone else by doing whatever form of nurturing that you do best e.g. cooking, baking, mentoring, listening, and so on. Doing something good for others makes us feel good too, so it's an all-round win :)
- Reconnect with family & friends. If there's anyone you've not seen for a while, and you miss them, this is the perfect time to get in touch again. When we get caught up in the busyness of life, it's easy to fall into routines, and inevitably some relationships fall by the wayside. One way to manage this is to set reminders in your calendar for people you really want to see—the point is simply to have an alert, to have some awareness along the lines of 'oh, I haven't seen X for a couple of months', not to add to your 'to do' list or create needless guilt trips.
Other Points of Note
Steer clear of drama.
Always a good rule of thumb, but especially true around this New Moon. It can be quite intense for some, and repeats some of that energy from last month too i.e. about not letting your mouth be a loose cannon. This week is really not a good time for that. Give yourself time to collect your thoughts and emotions over the weekend. Think about what's true for you. When the intensity and emotions settle down, you'll find greater clarity and some helpful insights too.
Unresolved situations & matters from last December (since June).
Look to the weekend of 25th and 26th for insights that might help you with this situation. Some potential solutions might show up early August. Hang tight and evaluate them carefully. Make a list of what will be acceptable (or not) to you. Where are your boundaries? What's negotiable? What's a deal-breaker? If you can get clarity on these things, you'll be in a good position to make your moves. Again, have patience because genuine change or results, will only show up mid/late September.
Getting to Know You
This month, I'm wondering:
What does your ideal weekend look like?
Hit reply and let me know! As always, if you have any questions, drop me a line. I love hearing what you think/feel!
Till the next New Moon! :)
The Lucid Path Newsletter
Join the newsletter to receive the latest updates in your inbox.